Thank you for your interest in the Internal Medicine Residency Program at Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School!
Our Residency Program provides a challenging educational environment that guides and cultivates the varying interests of our residents. For internists entering today’s rapidly changing practice environment, the program has set forth a rigorous curriculum that addresses the Art, Science, and Business of Medicine. It is expected that all residents master the cognitive, procedural and communication skills which remain central to the successful practice of internal medicine. Residents who choose to pursue subspecialty training are strongly encouraged to do so with faculty guidance at each step.
We will offer 25 categorical positions through the 2021 NRMP match.
- Categorical – 2918140C0
All applicants must apply through ERAS. Our application deadline date is December 30th.
- Must have graduated medical school on or after 2019
- Dean’s letter (MSPE)
- Two letters of recommendation (1 clinical Letter of Recommendation from an internal medicine faculty and 1 Department Of Medicine Summary Letter). Additional letters may be submitted.
- Department of Medicine letter is required.
- Passed USMLE step 1 & 2 on first attempt.
- Step 1 & 2 scores (if available) are required for final ranking purposes for the 2021 match.
- For the 2022 ERAS® cycle, our program will be participating in the supplemental ERAS application offered through the AAMC’s ERAS program. Applicants will be required to complete the MyERAS application, and participation in the supplemental ERAS application is optional.
- Rutgers Health and RWJUH require that all employees be fully vaccinated and boosted.
Interviews are conducted for selected applicants between November and January each year. The interview day will be conducted virtually. If you are invited to interview with us, you will have the opportunity to learn about our culture and our expectations in the context of a robust clinical learning environment with opportunities for research and career development.
- Meet with members of the residency leadership
- Meet our interns and residents
- Be interviewed by a faculty member
- Sneak peek into daily board review and noon report/conference
- PGY 1 $$60,243
- PGY 2 $64,326
- PGY 3 $68,264
- PGY 1 $61,749
- PGY 2 $65,934
- PGY 3 $69,970
- Book Allowance – $600.00 annually
- Professional liability coverage for all activities that are approved components of the residency program
- Life insurance coverage equal to 3 times annual salary
- Housestaff and immediate family members are provided with health insurance effective the first day of the month following two months of employment (60 days). Health care contributions are a percentage of premium based on the housestaff salary, plan and level of coverage.
- Dental Insurance is available – contributions are based on housestaff salary, plan and level of coverage.
- Prescription drug plan is available
- White coats and laundry services
- Vacation: 4 weeks per contract year
- Sick time: 12 days per contract year
- Eight holidays
- Four Personal days (or FH)
- Union – Committee of Interns and Residents Union (CIR) membership optional
- Parking is available at all training sites
- The Employee Assistance Program is a free, confidential resource available through University’s Behavioral Health Care program.