Thank you for your interest in the Internal Medicine Residency Program at Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School!
Our Residency Program provides a challenging educational environment that guides and cultivates the varying interests of our residents. For internists entering today’s rapidly changing practice environment, the program has set forth a rigorous curriculum that addresses the Art, Science, and Business of Medicine. It is expected that all residents master the cognitive, procedural and communication skills which remain central to the successful practice of internal medicine. Residents who choose to pursue subspecialty training are strongly encouraged to do so with faculty guidance at each step.
We will offer 21 categorical positions through the 2020 NRMP match.
- Categorical – 2918140C0
All applicants must apply through ERAS. Our application deadline date is December 30th.
- Must have graduated medical school on or after 2018
- Dean’s letter (MSPE)
- Two letters of recommendation from clinical rotations, one of which must be from a medicine faculty member for categorical applicants.
- A letter from the Chair of Medicine, is required, if available.
- Minimum step 1 score > 215 on first attempt
- Minimum step 2 score > 225 on first attempt
- Minimum COMLEX-USA > 650 on first attempt
- Step 1 & 2 scores are required for final ranking purposes.
Interviews are conducted for selected applicants between November and January each year. The interview day is spent on our main campus in New Brunswick, NJ. The day begins at 7:30 am and concludes by 1:30 pm. If you are invited to interview with us, you will have the opportunity to:
- Attend our daily board review session & enjoy breakfast
- Meet with members of the residency leadership
- Be interviewed by a faculty member
- Tour of the hospital
- Mingle with residents over breakfast and lunch
- Attend noon report
- Pre/Post interview day dinner with residents
- PGY 1 $58,488
- PGY 2 $62,452
- PGY 3 $66,275
- PGY 1 $60,243
- PGY 2 $64,326
- PGY 3 $68,264
- Book Allowance – $600.00 annually
- Professional liability coverage for all activities that are approved components of the residency program
- Life insurance coverage equal to 3 times annual salary
- Housestaff and immediate family members are provided with health insurance effective the first day of the month following two months of employment (60 days). Health care contributions are a percentage of premium based on the housestaff salary, plan and level of coverage.
- Dental Insurance is available – contributions are based on housestaff salary, plan and level of coverage.
- Prescription drug plan is available
- White coats and laundry services
- Vacation: 4 weeks per contract year
- Sick time: 12 days per contract year
- Eight holidays
- Four Personal days (or FH)
- Union – Committee of Interns and Residents Union (CIR) membership mandatory
- Parking is available at all training sites
- The Employee Assistance Program is a free, confidential resource available through University’s Behavioral Health Care program.